Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Just did an A/B comparison (stereo/multi) on the Lazic/Ravel recording.

I played these directly from my Dennon 2900 to my Sunfire Grand amp and through a set of 5 magnepans.

It's funny but the only difference I expected to hear was some additional hall ambience with the MC. Not the case. Somehow more of the piano's harmonics seem to come forth with the multichannel. There's a sweeter sound and you can hear more of the piano's lace and timbre. Hope you can set it up on MC soon (with matched speakers). You heard right, relatively speaking it sounds downright scary.

And I agree, one very good piano recording can tell you multitudes about a player, preamp, or speaker.

I also agree, let's keep the SACD/DVD-A war going. As long as we have the competition we'll continue to see good recordings and plenty of them. Too bad DTS came a little before it's time. I'd love to seem them in the thick of this battle. Between SACD, DVD-A, and DTS recordings I'm able to hear a lot of good multichannel performances.

And yes, God willing the players of the future will be multifunction players. This Dennon is really opening up my choices, not to mention the fact that it has greatly simplified my system.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.