Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Interesting.. this issue is almost never touched

Patrick,

it's interesting that the Ray Brown comparison leaves that question open. Better still, you suggest that one format may sound better on a specific system, but the other might sound better on another.

I'm actually interested in that final sentence of your post. I have noticed that all the discussions on the HRH and on the Audiobahn concentrate on the players, on the receivers / amps and of course on the software, but never on the final link, the speakers.

It strikes me that in discussing one or the other format, people assume that speakers are entirely neutral and "transparent" in the system. But if you are "looking" for a certain type of sound in DVD-A, there is no doubt that you will chose your speakers accordingly, and probably just the same, but on different criteria, for SACD. So maybe DVD-A sounds best on a system that has been optimized for DVD-A, and SACD sounds best on a SACD system.

Anyway, it would be interesting in the future to have a list of speaker models that sound "good" with DVD-A (and ideally starting way below Meridian price tags :)

Best

Eric

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.