Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Re: A little late to the party...

Mike,

This stuff is all a done deal, my friend.

Check out the hirez and hidef specs - they're on the net in various places. The first bullet point in every one of their statement of objectives is copy protection - has been for YEARS! DVD-Audio, DVD-Video, SACD, IEEE1394, DVI/HDCP, HDMI, etc.

Check out congressional testimony from content producers (Audio and Video). Opposition group materials are also plentiful. Copy protection is the number one issue.

Did you know that DVD-Audio sat on the shelf for over a year because the proposed CP mechanism (CSS) had been cracked for DVD-Video and the audio boys took a "time out" until they could come up with a more robust CP scheme?

What were you doing during the public comment periods when these issues were being debated and decided. What groups (there are many) that were (and are) fighting these CP schemes have you joined or supported or made any effort to become aware of? What are doing THIS MINUTE to make your views known about the upcoming HD-DVD format?

Yeah, that's right - NOTHING. You're clueless about CP, DMCA and the equipment manufacturers' complicity (either forced or willing) in de facto enforcement of this regime. Rather, you make pewling posts here where your views can have no effect at all on the reality of the situation. You're distressed? OK. But don't bitch at me, buddy.

You're the one who's been sitting on his hands while others acted in their own self-interest. You expected they would act in YOUR interest, perhaps? Well, they made decisions and now you don't like them - tough. You're goddamned right I have an involvement in CP. It's going to affect my choices and freedom - of course I'm involved. I've met, phoned, mailed, emailed, posted and otherwise engaged players on both sides of these issues for years. I know the positions, I know the technology and I know the economics. Given this knowledge, I've decided that CP makes sense in maintaining the exchange of hirez and hidef content for cash.

You can be people or you can be "sheeple". You missed the people boat on CP. Don't blame me.

Austin

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.