Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Re: Mike, smell the coffee...

It's distressing to me to see such behavior out of so-called "audiophiles". Whomever you are, Austin, you obviously have a direct involvement with the CP issue. Your economic theory is tainted with ideology. Austin, you're a 'true believer', and that group has convinced themselves that what they want to impose on the marketplace is 'good' for us. My goal in starting the thread was not to spur a political debate, but to try to give those of us that can't afford the 'latest and greatest' a chance to enjoy our systems. I'm in the recording industry myself, and what I see happening is not an attempt to prevent property theft, rather it is an attempt to control what an individual can do with a purchased item or service. This from an industry that has colluded to keep the price of CD's artificially inflated for the last 18 years. If people don't support these things then they can't succeed. But when it's the ONLY source available, as you imply it will be, then they are no better IMO than the drug trade: Create a dependancy, and then become the only source for it. I love the attempt at trying to convince all of us how it will benefit us. Gee, and I thought we lived in a capitalist society. When choice is taken away we all suffer. Just because the industry/government has put a modus operandi in place doesn't make it right. Support labels that don't subscribe to this nonsense. If we don't buy the product it can't succeed. But I'm distressed by the willingness of our audio community to line up for the slaughter just to have the latest thing. Come on folks, let's be pro-active here.

Mike

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.