Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

And this is the reason why the music industry is in the state it is...

"the big table" is trying to commoditize an artistic pursuit. This works up to a point but, as we now see, it is pretty hard to worry about copy protection when the likes of Metallica and the Eagles are concerned. The Artists, who we actually care about, have made oodles of money on these releases and we have probably bought the same music from them several times, in different formats. There is no connection to the "companies" behind these artists cause the consumer just does not care. As a consumer I am not compelled to pay for bad management decisions. Why should I have to subsidize EMI for paying Mariah Carey off? Why should I pay for "arist development" that companies overpay in hopes they are then "next big thing"? We don't care what the business mechanics are for the music industry cause we have had no input into the current structure. Until the industry wakes up and realizes the current model does not work, these companies will continue to lose money. I want artist x, I don't want to pay more for this artists' work because the management of the company has screwed up in other areas. Go back to your big table cause you are going down the tubes with your current business model and copy protection will not change that!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.