Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Just to say a little more on this format (had to truncate because of unexpected company) ...

DTS 20 bit CDs came out just a little bit before their time. They're perfect for the current DVD players that have DTS decoders built in (they weren't at the time). I bought my preamp/processor so I could listen to these recordings. The problem with them is if you forgot to select DTS when playing them, all you would get is what sounded like EXTREMELY loud (speaker tweeter fuse blowing) white noise (scared the hell out of me and I feared for my speakers). Now with this Denon 2900 it automatically senses and selects the DTS decoding and there's no longer the possibility of that inadvertent killer noise. I've since brought my DTS recordings out of my obsolete format storage place and am enjoying them again.

Like I said, It was a medium that came before its time ... Sad because it sounds great.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Just to say a little more on this format (had to truncate because of unexpected company) ... - Striving for Musical Clarity 07:59:50 05/06/03 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.