Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Re: Wealth of non-CP'd DVD-Audio?

I doubt you could find the music I'm interested in at Best Buy, Austin. Several of the smaller labels that record classical music, like AIX for example, have made a point of the fact that they don't use watermarking. Hundreds of DVD-A's, Austin? I think you'd better check your math again. Or did you get it confused with DVD-V? Do you work for the RIAA? It sounds like you do. I could really care less what the music nazi's think. If I choose to modify a player that I OWN, for my OWN purposes, then I will. Let them try to tell me I can't. I'm quaking in my boots. As I said, I'm not interested in pirating music. I wasn't suggesting that someone sell this tweak. I'm simply interested in better sound quality, something the music industry doesn't really care about anymore. This has been the complaint from the audiophile community from the get-go, and rightly so. But I digress...so I'm in violation of the DMCA, huh? Do you ever speed while driving, Austin? I think that there needs to be a 'Spirit of the Law' priciple here. Do you know that these same people are trying to make the ANALOG outputs of every video device illegal? Say goodbye to your Hi-def TV if you bought it in the last 4 years.

Mike

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.