Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Re: Wealth of non-CP'd DVD-Audio?

Hey Mike,

Where can I pick up all the non-CP'd DVD-A's? I tried Best Buy, but out of the hundreds of disks there, I couldn't find any that weren't CP'd.

If you go into a player to pull digital out of a CP'd stream, you're in violation of the DMCA pure and simple. Selling such a modified device, you're in violation of the DMCA. Buying such a device, you're in violation of the DMCA. Using such a device... are you seeing a pattern here?

Are you aware of how IEEE1394 for digital audio is implemented and/or licensed? Start with the DVD-Forum website and then 1394ta.org and then go to TI's website and pull the specs for the 1394 interface chipset. That should be enough to get you started. After you know how the interface is architected and licensed, you can start reading the DMCA to see how tampering with content-protection mechanisms is against the law (Federal law, BTW). The simple fact is: modders need not apply to reworking 1394 digital interfaces.

Austin

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.