Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Digital Out on DVD-A: An Open Challenge

With all of the knowledgeable folks that post on this forum, surely there must be a way to get full resolution digital outputs from a DVD-A player. I'm inspired by an article I saw in audioXpress that gave some rather vague details on the matter. I own a Toshiba SD-9200(with the transport upgrade), which is a superb DVD-V player, but uses many SMD 5532 op-amps in the analog section(of a non-standard size). Replacing these could be a nightmare. With Pioneer and Denon coming out with Hi-rez digital links, ala IEEE 1394, there must be a way to do this in players without it. Firewire bridge boards are relatively cheap. Even SPDIF would be preferable, though needing 3 stereo DAC's(using whatever bass management is in the player). Surely some of you have been thinking about this and/or have already tried it. This needs to happen if Hi-rez digital is to survive. I think this is the next big tweaking frontier in digital. Anyone care to step up to the plate?
Mike

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Topic - Digital Out on DVD-A: An Open Challenge - tenor39 04:38:51 05/05/03 (21)

You can not post to an archived thread.