Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

RE: Eagles and Donald Fagen...

Picked up Hotel California and The Nightfly yesterday and was very impressed. I am only playing them in DTS versions, as I have not yet found a DVD-A player, but I was impressed by the openess of the sound. Both discs sound great and I would hope the DVD-A versions would be even better. I have The Nightfly on vinyl and find it to be a very good LP. The disc version gives the LP a run for its money. I know these discs have been discussed at length but it never hurts to mention them again as I feel both are of reference quality and may be overlooked in the rush to examine the latest DVD-A offerings. My only comment would be that I would love to see a 24/96 stereo mix offered on these discs, similar to what AIX is doing. The dual sided discs are easy to use and add greatly to the flexibility of the DVD-A format. Even though I only auditioned them in DTS, they are very good discs, the best I have heard yet from DTS as a format.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Topic - RE: Eagles and Donald Fagen... - rick5 07:25:07 05/02/03 (5)

You can not post to an archived thread.