Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

It's not a bug. The unit is fine. This should clarify things re. setup . . .

>> Not quite sure what you mean about "copy-protected" in that sentence but I did set it up to play multi-channel DVD-A and it played 8 out of 10 DVD-A’s with no problems. . . . .// . . . I don’t recall seeing PD when I went through the menu so I don’t know what the value of this setting was. Could this alone be the cause of the problems? <<

Yes, you (or the shop assistant) may indeed have set multi-channel in the on-screen menu (as opposed to 2 ch), but you must ALSO set the PD mode from the hand-held REMOTE (bottom-right I think — button is labelled "PD Memory"), not from the on-screen display. (You won’t see any mention of PD modes on the screen menu).

By the way, you DON’T need to set the dig-out to "off" on the SCREEN. You can leave that on, ‘coz you might need it for Dolby/DTS/Redbook output to a 7.1 receiver, for films etc.

Rather, to fully enable DVD-A you need to set the PD mode from the remote, and then turn the button to that mode (i.e. Mode "1").

Hope that helps.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.