Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Re: Any Denon owners getting stereo only when all indicates 5.1?

Yikes! You did not set-up the unit for multi-channel copy-protected DVD-A playback!!

Here’s how:-

Make sure you set the "Pure Direct" mode — i.e. press "PD Memory" on the remote, and set the dig output to "off" for "Mode 1", but leave the video on. [This will enable you to play all copy-protected DVD-As in multi-channel mode through the six analog outs]

Then set the knob to "Mode 1" at the bottom-right of the fascia, accordingly. Consult the manual too.

The only thing you may need to change again, is when you need to output Dolby, DTS (or also perhaps Redbook 16/44.1) digital signals through a SP/DIF (or optical Toslink) dig-out to your receiver’s digital input. In which case, what you do is just turn the "Pure Direct" knob counter-clockwise, back to the "off" position".

And whenever you want to unleash its wonderful DVD-A capabilities, go back to "mode 1".

(BTW, I have also set "mode 2" as well, but with all video circuits off too, to increase sound quality. With DVD-As, the Denon automatically plays the multi-channel tracks, so I do not need to go to any TV menus.)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.