Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Oops! Meant to say the 9000 is broken in, not broken. More 2900 comments follow:

Again, the 2900 is excellent on SACDs, DVD-As, and DVDs. I'm going to have to wait until the 2900 is broken in some more before I'll be able to grade it on redbook CD performance.

Other points about the Denon 2900 I like are:

. Regardless of the type of disc you insert it recognizes the format and plays it without the need for any further action on your part.

. If you're playing a multi-channel SACD, you can select whether you want the multichannel band, the 2 channel band, or the redbook CD layer (actually the selection sets the priority for default).

. It's obvious that a lot of thought went into the remote and on-screen display. You can see where marketing and engineering put themselves firmly in the shoes of the user in an effort to make the setup as seamless and intuitive as possible. For a single unit that can replace a CD player (including CD-Rs & CD-RWs), SACD player, DVD-A player, DVD player, MP3 player, and Kodak / JPEG photo slide projector, they've done an amazingly good job. It's pretty much hassle free.

. There's a complete speaker/bass management system (speaker size, speaker select, individual speaker volume, etc.). If I didn't already have this capability on my preamp/processor I would be greatly appreciating this.

. It has pure direct mode for audio.

. It has excellent control for video including black level and gamma.

It's really a rather amazing unit for just $999.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.