Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

SACD vs. DVD-A title availability...

I went to Best Buy to purchase my first DVD-A title in anticipation of receiving my universal transport next week. Best Buy has DVD-A titles in a display next to SACD titles. What I found was disapointing, I searched the shelves of the DVD-A section for quite awhile to finding titles that were of interest to me. The SACD section OTOH had oodles of titles that were of interest. Now I fully expect to find all kinds of music in DVD-A format over the years, but I'd like to know if this lack of interesting titles is the norm, or was this just bad timing with my visit. I am not saying there were not any interesting titles, just that compared to the SACD's the titles of interest were sparse. What is a good source to view a listing of material available in DVD-A format?

Also, would someone fill me in on all the different DVD variations, dts, etc.? This was another area of disapointment. Do I have to keep my eye open for DVD-A specific titles or is the quality of these variants pretty equal? I have been into SACD for quite some time, but I do not feel I have any axe to grind. I am quite excited about the universal format benefit. Is there a good DVD-A primer to read? TIA

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Topic - SACD vs. DVD-A title availability... - Wellfed 21:20:35 04/30/03 (13)

You can not post to an archived thread.