Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Okay. ... Glad you were able to get an A/B comparison in.

I could get maybe a Sony XA-777 ES for SACDs and a Denon DVD-3800 for DVD-Audio. That way I could have both the best SACD and DVD-Audio sound. Now what would you recommend for video (the 777 has no video output and the 3800 has had problems in that area).

But with the 2900 I've got it all. I've been able to clear the clutter from my living room and enjoy the likes of Beethoven, Shostakovich, Schnittke, and lots of Mahler as I've never heard them on a sound system before.

Since I last posted I've been imersed in beautiful music. What I now have is the best, but certainly not the most expensive, sound I've heard in any living room anywhere. It fills this very large room with exceptional sound and does it with less than $11,000 (list value new) in equipment (includes the player, the pre-amp/processor, the amp, and all the speakers).

I now have a very balanced system. To upgrade anything would mean I'd have to upgrade everything (I'm presuming you know what I mean by that).

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.