Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Re: I agree. Maybe only universal players can fill this gap...

You're right about the h/k player, the 30 seems to be interesting (I had written it off some time ago when there were rumours it would be a universal, and didn't remember while I was writing that it definitely was to come out as a dedicated DVD-A player).

But:
> Yamaha DVD-S1200, Onkyo DV-S757 and DV-S939, Marantz

As for Marantz, it would seem that the current trend of D&M is to release universal players (i.e., the 8300/8400 for Marantz, the 2900/3900 for Denon), the Onkyo 757 isn't listed anymore 'round here, and Onkyo has released an universal player (the 800) which seems to be part of a new year model line; the Yam... I was under the impression it was going to be replaced by the universal 2300 - I could be wrong. But this would leave the Onkyo 939 only.

Guess, if I find the money, it's going to be an Arcam or a Meridian if budget can stretch - just to have a dedicated DVD-A player comparable to the SCD-777ES.

Igor

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: I agree. Maybe only universal players can fill this gap... - izamber 00:44:51 04/30/03 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.