Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

There you go

To each his own... there's a lot of room for dedicated multimedia devices, and a high-end segment will probably emerge. I'm open to all options, and I can see that the younger generation is more interested in mobility and individual use than in pure sonic quality (a wireless portable game console / dvd player / mobile phone / Internet platform being some kind of convergence nirvana for that generation : )

Most of these dedicated portable players have a poor audio section at the moment, I checked a few models and even the analog outputs were pretty cheap. Also, I have some doubts about the audio format that they will output (because they are DVD players, I suspect that some will still reformat everything to 48k as a native format).

At the moment, you have a lot more flexibility for pure audio treatment using a laptop than a dedicated DVD/DVD-A player. The quality of built-in screens is improving very fast (see the latest Apple models?).

In terms of audio quality, see the recent posts by Ducati below for some interesting use of 24/96, all the way from recording to playback.

Anyway, I like to see a wide variety of platforms on the market.

Best

Eric

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • There you go - Eric LeRouge 04:45:01 04/28/03 (1)

You can not post to an archived thread.