Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Yep...

...the UA5 is a nice little unit, especially with Oade Bros. preamp mods. I also have the digi mod, which enables coax and toslink out, if I choose to use a DAT or something instead of my laptop. The UA5 has USB out, too, and most of the time I use my laptop and record at 24/96. 24/96 sounds *incredible* for concert recording, alot of the "live" feel translates very well at 96khz. I have recorded 24/48, too, and it's good; but 24/96 is much much better.

I don't use a soundcard on my laptop for recording; recording software picks up the USB feed as .wav in, no soundcard needed (actually, it kindof "sees" the external device as a soundcard). There are lots of choices for recording: samplitude, cool edit 2000, nTrack studio. nTrack is nice in that it automatically stripes files (to get around the ~2 gig .wav file limit that is an old windows holdover).

For playback I use an EMI 2|6 USB device hooked up to my laptop just like the UA5. It has coax out, and I feed that to my dCS. It's fantastic...

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Yep... - ducati 14:11:20 04/27/03 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.