Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Strange though - with DVD-Audio I have begun listening to music that I'd never have bought on CD...

...and I really enjoy listening to it over and over again.

Best examples: John McEuen's and Jimmy Ibbotson's music on AIX ("Acoustic Traveler" is my favorite instrumental) and Emma Shapplin (cross-over classical symphonic music with arias sung in 14th-century Italian). I am thrilled how a plain DVD-A disc is magically transformed into a musical hologram.

For me, this is perfection. Still, I like even less-than-average quality recordings like Astrud Gilberto's "Now" on DVD-A or John Adams/Lepo Sumera's music on "Shifting Landscapes" (SACD hybrid - I remaster the redbook with a Panny DVD-A player just for convenience and am happy with it... SACD MCH is way better though not as realistic as a DVD-A but never mind... the music is magic...)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Strange though - with DVD-Audio I have begun listening to music that I'd never have bought on CD... - DVDAphile 12:31:59 04/26/03 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.