Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Note that I did say it was good for recording.

I agree, SACD is not targeted for home/personal recording. Infact, its this very reason which is why no embedded watermarking is required. Your comments on how excellent DVD-V is for personal recording I agree with entirely. Your Sony $$$ conspiracy theory & diatribe I won't bother commenting on.

I said as much in my post

"DVD-A is a good format for extra's, video clips and possibly home recording if you can afford all the gear needed"

Meaning, that I think DVD-V is possibly better if you can't afford to buy the software for DVD-A or the DACS to record 192/24. I was a bit dissapointed to find that to take advantage of MLP, it was going to cost an addition US$5k+ or something. Would have been great to have MLP to make long DVD-A albums.

Still, SACD is better for commercial music purchasing, that is all. Hence my suggestion of a Universal player, because, as you pointed out, SACD is unlikely to ever be a home recording format.

Yes I'm biased against DVD-A in the area of commercial software, but somebody has to put forward all the points which the others here forget to mention with regard to DVD-A. Otherwise you would get a very one sided view. Note I also recommended a Universal player, I didn't say don't get something with DVD-A capability.

As for those who say why don't I tell them what where I can hear the watermark. I've already addressed this by saying, how can I do this comparison without a Verance free recording to compare with ?

Recording engineers have done this comparison and found the watermark clearly audible, Warner themselves addmitted it was audible, by definition the watermark must be audible, so why is this even in doubt ? They may be correct it saying the difference is so small, its hardly worth being concerned about. This is different from denying its audible. It is these inaccuracies and untruths I find offensive.

Anyways, I had stopped posting here, until Frank and cohorts started at me in the SACD forum. Whats good for the goose is good for the gander.

Daniel.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.