Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Re: Jeez, I'm bitchy today...

Sorry, Eric. It's been one of those weeks or months or years or something. I apologize for the tone and content of my reply to you.

I don't have an opinion on watermarking or whatever the OP was talking about. I was simply addressing my comments to some inaccuracies I saw in Rod's post. In a most impolite way, I should add.

As far as hirez transports, the only models I'm aware of that currently implement the full 1394 standard are the Pioneer 47Ai and the MSB Super DVD Audio Player. Both are "future proof" as the 1394 protocol truly delivers perfect bitstreams to the processor.

The problem I have with both units is their high cost, their rudimentary user interfaces and most of all, their totally unnecessary DSP and DAC sections. Remember, with a hirez digital interface, the "action" moves to the processor - the spinner becomes a slaved transport only. As you know, modern pre/pros have substantial DSP and DAC cabability that only requires a digital hirez input to really shine.

As for myself, I'm waiting for a 500 disk carousel that doesn't have a DAC, a DSP, or any outputs other than 1394 for jitterless hirez audio and maybe a computer interface to index everything. Should be about $200-$300 in 2004. The trick is going to be finding something (and paying for it) to plug it into!

Austin

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.