Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Easy now ;)

Autin,

Thanks for the additional information to my post which I will take forward in other communications. Please note I was attempting to provide was a more balanced statement then the post I was responding too. I do not believe that all of my information was out of date, incorrect and speculative. I attempt to identify within my post where I was being speculative hence words such as 'contender' and some recently shipped products *do* happen to use propritory connections (Meridian, Denon).

Now if I may ask a couple of questions to clarify the IEEE issue further:

1) Is the Pioneer implementation based on the offical standard or developed prior to the ratification of the standard? I have seen a referrence to the effect that they worked with TI on the standard.

2) Is the dCS implementation compatible with the Pioneer implementation?

3) Are there any 'teeth' to the standard - Do manufactures have to comply? (e.g. DVD-A and SACD are standards, VHS and Beta are standards....) I did error in saying there was no standard when it may be more correct to say a standard exists but it is uncertain how well it will be adopted (Pioneer, dCS, MSB, Sony). This is an issue due to the cost of licencing and implementing the interface.

4) What are your thoughts on some companies (Meridian, Tag McLaren) that at one point (recent history) announced that they are planning to use HDMI instead of IEEE?

Thx, Rod.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.