Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

A few more points I forgot :)

I have verified with Denon that their DVD-A players *will* output up to 24/96 PCM via the coax out, if the DVD-A allows it (which all consumer-burned ones do). So that makes DVD-A a great choice for me, unless I can find a DVD-V authoring package that's affordable and does 24/96!

Also, a cheap solution for 24 bit listening right now, and one I'm using when I can't get my friend to author a DVD (LOL he does have a job, unfortunately, other than doing my bidding LOL) is to run directly from my laptop (.wav files stored on hard drive, CDROM, or DVD+R data disc) > USB > EMI 2|6. The EMI 2|6 is a nice little piece of hardware, it has coax out that I then send to my DAC to do it's DACly duties on my 24/96 signal. It has surprisingly good fidelity for a cheap (~$250) piece of gear; it resolves a finer level of detail than my Sony NS400 DVD player will with a DVD-V of the same material. Of course, my Sony DVD isn't the greatest, and I'm looking to replace it (hence the DVD-A questions).

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • A few more points I forgot :) - ducati 09:06:54 04/25/03 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.