Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Mac's Say You Will..

Well, in stereo it sounds superb. Buckingham's production skills are in a league of their own. Many of the songs are pretty good too. Stevie Nicks' tunes get turbo-charged when Buckingham arranges them.
Can't comment on the surround mix of this DVD-Audio as I don't have my surround element of my system in place (I listen to music much more than I watch movies, so the Musical Fidelity A300 is causing the HK AVR510 to catch dust right now).
5.1 mixes of albums are in the extreme infancy and therefore not raising many hairs on the back of my neck with their rear effects. The 5.1 mixer-folk will get better at it in the same way that stereo mixes got a lot better throughout the 70's and 80's.
I still don't see the need for a center channel when front left and right have always managed to fool me into hearing certain sounds come from between the two speakers.
The redbook layer of SYW sounds considerably inferior to the DVD-Audio layer. I've yet to compare this redbook layer with the regular CD release of SYW to see if this is just sound desk masking to make DVD-Audio sound superior to any ear.

If you don't mind this kind of music (soft rock, pop whatever) this disc is a good purchase. If dig the Mac you'll love this. Christine who?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Topic - Mac's Say You Will.. - ppopp 10:16:49 04/20/03 (7)

You can not post to an archived thread.