Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Is anyone using an Elite 45A as a transport?

I am looking for a DVD-A / CD transport to feed to a dCS Delius for 16/44.1 and 24/96 playback. My DVD-A's are my own personal concert "tapes" and not commercial material. I might like to try some DAD discs. As I understand, commercial DVD-A's won't output 24/96 to the dCS due to builtin copy protection--is this correct?

Right now, I am feeding a Cary CD308 into the dCS for CD material, and running an EMI 2|6 on my laptop to output digi 24/96 to the dCS. My laptop is full now and I need a more workable solution. I'd like to burn DVD-A 24/96 discs with Discwelder Steel and play them on a DVD-A transport, digi out to the dCS.

I read somewhere on the web that the new McCormack UDP-1 uses the transport from the Elite 45A. From this I infer it's fairly high quality? I wouldn't be using any of the 45A's built-in DAC functionality, so I could care less what it sounds like on it's own. All I really care about is if it can match my Cary as a transport (which I'm quite happy with) ?

I've considered waiting for the Denon, but with the street price of the 45A around $400, and since I will only be using it as a transport, it seems like a waste to me...

Any thoughts? Words of wisdom?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Topic - Is anyone using an Elite 45A as a transport? - ducati 12:43:57 04/17/03 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.