Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

I agree

While I think that most will agree that Telarc puts out consistent and often amazing recordings, I agree with Dave's assesment of that "redirected" bass via the producer -- Telarc -- and the fact that it shouldn't be done this way. Let the end user have the final say, as he/she is the only one who knows what capabilities exist in his/her playback system.

This is just one more problem that needs to be addressed by the recording community and the product manufacturers. Is it really that hard for these two groups to get together and discuss what process will get the most from the new high resolution formats?

As for a "height" channel for channel #6 (the .1), I haven't heard this implemented, so I can't say for sure if this is a good idea vs a discrete rear surround channel a la DTS-ES 6.1 Discrete (for movies). I can see a "height" channel for "effects" in a movie, but I'd think that music is another matter (at least until I've heard it, but I'm not a fan of multichannel for music as it is, so...). Maybe we need a discrete 7.1 system so that we can also have a height channel for movies? Anyone for DTS-ES 7.1 Discrete? It is an option for the codec...

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • I agree - Joe Murphy Jr 08:08:16 04/15/03 (1)

You can not post to an archived thread.