Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Some feedback

Don't jump on your high horses!

Here's some feedback

1) I know you don't censor people, I was just curious why you were so prompt in questioning someone coming to the Audiobahn (the right place for that) and saying that she prefers the sound of DVD-A... and likes the software better. I think Kuma answered your points.

2) The old days are over. I understand you've seen the begining of the whole thing, and many ups and downs, but I think SACD has passed the stage where its future is uncertain. With more than 1,000 titles available and 20 new releases a week, I think it's time to relax and enjoy the music, rather than spend time defending it.

3) DVD-A is where SACD was (probably) a year or so ago. Why not let it grow at its own pace and let the format take its first steps? I think it's not useful to repeat that there are more titles in SACD. It's so obvious that there's no need.

4) I think you're underestimating the number of high-end players being sold. If you go in a store, you'll probably see more people in one afternoon buying >10,000 worth of AV gear than in "pure" audio gear. The audio section of HT has improved a lot in the past few years, and all the R&D budgets as well as the end user budgets are going there.

5) Like it or not, potentially all DVD players will become DVD-A compatible, most likely in the mid- to high end of the market. There's nothing you and I can do about it, it's a trend.

6) Just because a technology is efficient and succeeds in reaching lower retail prices, doesn't mean it's crap. The price of DVD-A compatible hardware follows that of DVD players. You can get a fantastic machine today for a reasonable budget.

Take care also,

Eric

PS: I'm not sure my sentence was clear, and maybe you misunderstood me. "Fair's fair, you should let people express that they like DVD-A better just like it's fair to let it happen *** that is, expressing that they like SACD better *** on the HRH"

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.