Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Re: Resolution

The point to be made is that increasing the sample rate beyond 96kHz (to answer the threads question of a 384kHz standard) seems to be more of a marketing feature then a requirement of the delivery mechanism for the consumer.

From the same paper we have the quote:
"Although there is a small lobby that suggests even higher sample rates should be used – like 192kHz– the author disputes this; preferring to point out that when 96kHz channels have been correctly designed in terms of transmission, filtering, etc, that higher rates simply will not offer any benefit."

(So maybe Robert Stuart doesn't know what he is talking about but both you & I seem to enjoy some of the products he has a hand in.)

I would rather see the existing standard be used to create recordings for me to use. As the standard does allow for 192kHz we appear to have enough headroom already.

Working with higher resolutions while in the process of creating the consumer product does make sense.

Rod.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Resolution - RdH 12:59:12 04/13/03 (1)

You can not post to an archived thread.