Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Re: Subjective claims cannot really be proven...

>> You've probably already decided LP and tubes are very good despite sometimes atrocious "scientific" "measurements". Your ears are probably telling you something is "right" about LP and tubes, why not SACD ?<<

Scientific measurements of LPs confirm to me what I already knew I didn’t like about them, including: noise, compression and horrendously uneven frequency response. Not to mention resonance artefacts.

Dalton eloquently wrote a while back:-

"The idea that vinyl sounds "better" is ludicrous. At best we could agree that, for some people (I call them "kooks"), vinyl colors the music in a more pleasing or soothing way (although a less natural way). If a photographer and an Impressionist painter portrayed the very same subject and you had to choose which work you liked best, you might prefer the painting. But the photograph is more accurate. Notice I wrote "photograph", not "phonograph". Vinyl lovers usually refer to the unnatural coloration inherent in vinyl playback as "ease" and "liquidity". They might as well be referring to a painter's brush stroke."

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.