Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Please prove your claims.

Technical journals will tell you NOTHING about musical qualities, as this something the suits cannot measure.

>> The suits don't do any measurements, Teresa. Hard working scientists do the measurements. While tests may not tell you everything, there certainly are correlations between perceived musical quality as heard by a panel of listeners and the various battery of measurements which follow. The entire field of psychoacoustics is based on this. There are subjective tests as well, where a MOS (mean opinion score) is produced by a panel of pre-qualified expert listeners (see ITU BS1116). The MPEG committee, Fraunhofer labs, etc. all perform these tests and publish them in technical journals.

If I read these journals I wouldn't be enjoying my LPs or Tubes.

>> Sure you would. Since you claim that the journals don't tell you anything about music why would they influence your decision? See your previous statement. Anyway, you think scientists knock LPs and tubes and simply dismiss them altogether? Wake up! Why then do organizations like AES and ASA still publish research about their properties, sound quality, etc.?

Science cannot explain music, period!

>>You provide no qualification to your claim. Why should the reader of your post believe this?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.