Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Not better sounding but more musical, ANYONE can hear the difference, even you! Just listen in

2 channel stereo with eyes closed. There is no mistaking SACD is WAY more musical than DVD-Audio. In the Chesky tests I did in A-B comparisons the DVD-Audio was sonically superior to SACD. But the SACD version even from a 24/96 PCM sounded like music and the DVD-Audio sounded like a recording, agreed a great sounding recording but a recording. I listen to music not sonics, I don't know about you.

You said "If you don't mean better sounding, and mean a better reproduction of the source material, then you are off your rocker. Go read some technical journals and get yourself brought up to speed."

Technical journals will tell you NOTHING about musical qualities, as this something the suits cannot measure. If I read these journals I wouldn't be enjoying my LPs or Tubes. Science cannot explain music, period!

Just ask any engineer or producer (except Dr. Aix) and they will tell you DSD is the closest to microphone feed. In one human test between 30 ips Analog, 24/96 Digital, 24/192 Digital, DSD and live mic feed. the DSD and live mic feed sounded exactly the same and the runners of the test were accused of having a broken switch, it was checked and it was not broke. DSD is the closest yet to live mic feed.

Happy listening,
Teresa

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.