Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

still Chris if DVD-Audio actually released the entire Beatles catalog with NO SACD releases of the

same material, DVD-Audio could actually pull ahead and win this format war. Remember it was The Beatles catalog that made CD a success. It is true that SACD has the Rolling Stones, The Police, Peter Gabrial, Dark Side of the Moon and the coming Jefferson Airplane recordings. But the Beatles coupled with the powerful Warner Bros. catalog could be enough to get defectors from SACD to DVD-Audio especially if the can get that upcoming CD layer on the SAME SIDE, not a flipper.

Anyway you know I feel that SACD is way superior to DVD-Audio for it's musicality and relaxed involving sound quality. But just because SACD is better does not mean it will win. DVD-Audio versons of the Beatles catalog (with no SACD versions) will hurt SACD a lot. I liked BETA better and it still lost to VHS (the inferior format), something to think about.

Actually the Beatles coming to DVD-Audio is will not get me to buy another DVD-Audio player, I have Vinyl too you know.

But I am watching the 24 Bit 192 kHz releases from Classic Records which I will be buying and playing the 24 Bit 96 kHz layer in the Video format (no not the Varguards I allready have on SACD, but others are promised) as Classic will be using battery operated equipment and tubed analog tape decks, these should sound sweet even if they are PCM'ed. As you know my favorite DVD-Audio's are the DADs from Classic, Chesky and Hi-Res Music, the pure DVD-Audio's were no where near as good.

Happy listening,
Teresa

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.