Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Re: I dont listen to machine head

But, I dont listen to jazz either (and a lot of SACD is jazz). So I cant care less.

On the other hand, hi-rez is supposed to get you closer to the master tapes (whatever their quality). That is what Hi rez is supposed to be.

I encourage all albums to be dumped onto SACD with careful transfers so you are as close to what was recorded.

Talking about old recrdings: SRV and Albert King on redbook sound great to my ears. You can hear tape hiss in the background. I have a cleaned out track from that album on one of SRV compilation cds and is sounds worse. The original redbook is more pleasing to me than some SACDs I own.

The encouragement should be to get "all" (or most) music transferred including the inferior "pop" stuff that (dummies) like me appreciate. I tried for the life of me to get into jazz. Even bought some (for the SACD sound................but I realize I am too uncultured for its sophistication). I used to listen to classical. But havent for years. And dang, a lot of SACD is classical.

Police is something I havent listened to much since my days in college, but now I ahave it on all the time. I liked and bought the Rolling Stones, but they too are gathering dust. Pink Floyd DSOTM was one of their weak points for me. I prefer their flop (The Final Cut) and would like to see that transferred. On the other hand Roger Waters live album doesnt get much airplay at my home but I would love to see Amused to Death on SACD.

Artists like Richard Thompson would be fun on SACD.
So would more SRV.
Even more David Bowie.

Anyone wants to buy the Coryells?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: I dont listen to machine head - navman 11:30:33 04/06/03 (1)

You can not post to an archived thread.