Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Question on Pioneer DVD-A players - 45A and 47Ai

I am considering "upgrading" from the Technics DVD-A10 to a newer DVD-Audio player.
I went to a local home-theater/stereo store where they had the two Pioneer players, 45A and 47Ai, as well as the Integra 9.3.

I got to play around with all three players, but couldn't make an informed decision on sound quality since I was so focused on useability. That is what my question is based on.

It appears that I couldn't change "GROUPS" on any DVD-Audio disc without digging down into the GUI/onscreen menus. My Technics easily changes Groups and Audio (stereo vs. MCH) via the remote - so that for 99% of the many DVD-Audio discs I own I do not need to use the TV monitor.

Can you change groups on the Pioneer machines without having to navigate the on-screen menu system?

Also, another feature that the Technics does is tell you exactly what you are playing just by looking at the players front panel and display. A specific light goes on when it plays 2-ch material and another for MCH. In addition a push of the Audio button will scroll the type of audio you are listening to, i.e., 96 24 6ch, etc. It appears the Pioneer's front panel display gives you no clue as to what kind of disc you are playing unless you have your TV on to show the on-screen display.

Is there any way for the Pioneer machines to display exactly what kind of disc you are playing on the front panel display and at what resolution and bit depth?

Thanks in advance for you answers.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Topic - Question on Pioneer DVD-A players - 45A and 47Ai - MT 14:09:02 04/05/03 (13)

You can not post to an archived thread.