Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

I don't think you know the meaning of the word "wrong", since you are not applying it correctly

*** You are wrong again. I have substantiated my reasoning in great detail in this thread. I will not bother to repeat myself here. ***

Well, at least you are consistent in that whenever you call me wrong, you are wrong.

You have definitely not substantiated your reasoning in the same way as I have - by referencing a patent that describes the invention, and actual graphs from an implementation by the current owner of the patent. Instead, you have a set of wild guesses, dubious inferences, incorrect interpretations and assertions that are not substantiated and many of them have been shown to be incorrect.

PS - I have no idea why you say the WMP implementation is not following the spec. Again, perhaps you have reading comprehension issues? According to my reading, it does.

*** As far as "one specific implementation" goes, guess what? There have only ever been two ways to make an HDCD disc ***

You definitely have a reading comprehension issue. We are talking about HDCD playback, not HDCD content creation. Even if there is only ONE way to make HDCD discs, so what? There are definitely multiple ways of HDCD playback - so your ramblings and guesses about the inner workings of the PMD 100 (which is a playback device by the way) are completely irrelevant.

Also we are talking about what HDCD is or isn't. That is purely defined by the patent, not the implementation. So when you say HDCD is this and HDCD is not this, you are basically flat wrong, regardless of what you think the implementation is or isn't.

*** As far as your claims regarding Pacific Microsonics' patent, let me ask you a couple of questions. ***

These questions are irrelevant. Actually, you don't need to have any commercial products for a patent to be valid (witness the case between NTP and RIM over wireless email). So, regardless of whether an invention is ever realised in a practical form, it is still described by the patent.

In the case of HDCD, however, there appears to be no evidence that what was implemented isn't EXACTLY what is documented in the patent. Again, if you have evidence to the contrary, I would like to see it.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.