Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Once again you are wrong

Christine wrote, "your unsubstantiated guesses".

You are wrong again. I have substantiated my reasoning in great detail in this thread. I will not bother to repeat myself here.

As far as "one specific implementation" goes, guess what? There have only ever been two ways to make an HDCD disc -- the Pacific Microsonics Model One and Model Two. The main difference between these two units is that the Model Two supports sample rates above 44.1 kHz. (I don't think there are any other substantive differences between these. If you know of any, please feel free to point them out.)

Everything I've posted pertains to these two units, and therefore to every HDCD disc ever made (unless there are some Reference Recordings discs made with a prototype encoder).

As far as your claims regarding Pacific Microsonics' patent, let me ask you a couple of questions.

a) Do you think that there have ever been patents granted that weren't turned into commercial products?

b) Do you think there were ever patents granted that were turned into commercial products, but in a slightly different form?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.