Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Re: That would be you

*** Christine wrote, "You have absolutely no proof that what was described in the patent has not been implemented." ***

My point was I don't need to prove it, since an invention is described by the patent, not the implementation. You on the other hand is clearly wrong, since your interpretation of an admittedly badly written sentence does not correlate with what's described in the patent. What is or isn't implemented is completely irrelevant, since when we are talking about HDCD we are talking about the technology, NOT a specific implementation.

*** On your second point, you stubbornly persist in being flat-out wrong. You wrote, "The Microsoft implementation of HDCD automatically attenuates the digital signal by 1 bit (or approximately 6dB)." ***

Charles, I am describing what WMP does when playing HDCD. If you don't believe me, check it out yourself. Would you like me to send you the actual WAVE files as output by WMP vs what's stored on the CD so you can clearly see this 6dB attenuation for yourself? I can send you an example of a disc showing Peak Extend in action, and other without Peak Extend.

Again, before you call someone wrong, it helps if you actually know what you are talking about.

PS - The MediaTek all in one "DVD player on a chip" does HDCD decoding. This is used in $50 made in China DVD players.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.