Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Perhaps it is you who has reading comprehension issues?

I think you may have misinterpreted the following line: "The HDCD decoder uses an interpolation filter complementary to the anti-alias filters used in the A/D filter switching process."

I think if you read this as "The HDCD decoder [dynamically selects] an interpolation filter [that matches] the anti-alias filters used in the A/D filter switching process", you will find that your confusion over singular vs plural and the use of the word complementary resolves itself. Hey, the sentence now makes complete sense!

*** All it tells you is that the signal level never exceeded -6 dBFS during the A/D conversion process, regardless of whether "peak extend" was used or not. ***

Again, this is rather fanciful. How many CDs have you encountered where the signal never exceeds -6dBFS in the mastering stage? Hmmm?

You seem to be resorting to tortured justifications to support your points. Isn't is easier just to admit you are wrong?

*** If you think Ayre should design a DVD player using DSP chips designed for surround-sound processors (that will only be available five years after the player has been designed), then I think you may have a more than just an issue with reading comprehension. ***

Why do you keep referring to a DVD player you designed in 1998? Surely we are talking about today, when such chips are easily available and at low cost? Again, maybe it is you who has an issue with reading comprehension. No one (except perhaps yourself) is referring to what you may or may not have done in 1998, we are talking about your incorrect statements about HDCD *today*.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.