Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

DualDisc with DVD-A titles , and DVD-A titles , dominate the 2005 Surround Music Awards winners list ...

which was announced on December 15 , 2005 .

Back on October 7 , 2005 , three days after Talking Heads - Brick ( 8 DualDiscs with DVD-A ) was released , I posted on DVD-Audiobahn that I thought that Brick was " a tremendous triumph for DualDisc , and for DVD-Audio " and that Brick was " the Hi-Rez Highlight of the Year " . ... Well , Talking Heads - Brick was the biggest winner at the 2005 SMA , capturing 4 awards , including " Best Of Show " , and " Best Mix : Non-Orchestral " .

Jackson Browne received the special Surround Artist Of The Year award for his Running On Empty DVD-A .

DualDiscs with DVD-A , and DVD-As , also , won almost all of the other important awards , including :

Best Made For Surround Title : Beck - Guero - DVD-A , and Porcupine Tree - Deadwing - DVD-A

Most Adventurous Mix : N.E.R.D. - In Search Of - DVD-A

Horizon Award : Lauren Ellis - Feels Like Family - DualDisc with DVD-A

As I expected , SACD titles did very poorly , and are almost completely absent from the 2005 Surround Music Awards winners list .

Click on the link I have provided , to see the complete 2005 SMA winners list .

ZS KEKL

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Topic - DualDisc with DVD-A titles , and DVD-A titles , dominate the 2005 Surround Music Awards winners list ... - ZS KEKL 13:59:35 12/19/05 (6)

You can not post to an archived thread.