Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

I just might spring for the DVD-CD Euporean combo as I am trying to support companies

That release real DVD-Audios either with or without a seperate CD. I will never actually listen to the CD. But I am too afraid of damage to my equipment to put a DualDisc in it.

I now am getting great sound from DVD-Audios. The real DVD-Audio's nearly all offer high resolution 2 channel stereo, often as high as 192kHz along with the high resolution 5.1 channel plus sometimes 2-3 Videos, lyrics on screen, interviews and other bonuses that SACD doesn't offer. I like the bigger cases and the newest ones have charts on the back showing the resolution of all programs on the disc, both DVD-Audio and DVD-Video areas.

Why are they f**king up a great thing with this sorry excuse for a format called DualDisc? DualDiscs are too thick, don't tell you what resolution they have, most do not even have DVD-Audio on them. We finally got full discolusure on DVD-Audio and now the information provided with DualDisc is less than when DVD-Audio first came out!

I will continue to buy and enjoy DVD-Audios and SACDs.

Happy listening,
Teresa

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.