Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

I recently purchased the DVD-S657

I bought it for our casual living room where the wife and my 23 month old son romp and stomp on daily basis.

Not wanting to spend much money on a quality DVD player for that particular room, which would only be unmercifully abused by my forementioned wife and 23 year old son, I did some research on budget players and decided on this one. My dealer was well aware of the problems with the S1500 and will no longer sell them.

I have had this player for almost four weeks and it is used every day for music and DVD movies. So far, in this short amount of time I have been impressed with it's video and audio performance. Haven't tried my DVD-Audio discs yet. Will get around to it some time in the near future.

I have a seperate Two Channel/HT room for my "higer end " gear and I don't allow the wife and kid into that room, unsupervised. I don't know how long this player will last and continue to surprise me with it's fine performance, but for now it's doing well.

Considering my own personal requirements and how I use it, I feel this player is a great deal for what it offers, it's fine performance and it's price point.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • I recently purchased the DVD-S657 - TjMV3 07:35:16 12/08/05 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.