Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Jackson Browne "Running On Empty" DVDA WON'T PLAY! HELP!?

Hi there,

I've had my $175 Pioneer DV-563A for over a year now and it's played all surround formats beautifully (to my ears). It's had no problems with DVD-Audio (Fleetwood Mac-Rumors, Yes-Fragile), SACD (Dark Side of the Moon, Steely Dan-Gaucho, Sam Cooke at the Copa) or DTS surround (Toy Matinee, Wings-Band on the Run).

But I just got the new Jackson Browne "Running On Empty" DVD-Audio and I'm getting NO sound whatsoever! I can navigate through the disc menus and play the tracks, but I get no sound no matter what settings I choose on my amp (5.1/stereo/etc.). I popped in a couple of other DVD-A and SACD discs to make sure they still play and they do.

So is it possible that one disc can be incompatible with certain players? I hope you'll forgive the newbie question, I just have never experienced a problem like this before -- and "Running On Empty" is one of my all-time favorite albums!!! I'm bummed. (Not to mention 25 bucks down the drain.)

Thanks in advance for your help,
Greg

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Topic - Jackson Browne "Running On Empty" DVDA WON'T PLAY! HELP!? - gregb23 23:32:19 12/04/05 (8)

You can not post to an archived thread.