Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Re: Non DVD-A player that plays DVD-A??

I may not be "exactly" correct on this, but I bought a Jack Bruce "DVD"-A (really a 24/96 recording) recently, that was advertised on the jewel box as being playable on any DVD player. It certainly is (at least from my experience) and sounds great (much better than redbook, and much closer to vinyl on my system) but it may not be true DVD-A in that it is not 24/192. Perhaps others may chime in to answer your query, but this is a confusing issue that, in my opinon, serves only to screw up the implementation of DVD-
A or higher rez recordings playable with great results on DVD players now and into the future. But this is, from what I've seen here, a common complaint about the hardware/software interface and marketing of the "product" in general. It seems we are headed down the road of "low-rez" as opposed to "high-rez" in the consumer market in the near and possibly not-so-near future.

If your player is connected to any kind of video display, you should also be able to hit the "display" button while your disc is playing to ascertain the quality of the audio playback that you are in fact hearing, which may be anything from redbook to 24/192.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Non DVD-A player that plays DVD-A?? - blake 19:32:09 12/02/05 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.