Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Turn of Friendly Card on Classic Records DVD-Audio

I have compared the 92kHz (DVD side) to the 192kHz (DVD-Audio side) and the 192kHz has more "aire" and delicacy in the high percussion so I am not sure why the file would be approximately the same size.

I have never heard the CD version but in my wildest dreams I cannot believe that it would sound anywhere near the 96kHz side much less the 192kHz side. Could it possible be the harware you are using? As I have found many entry level Universal players do not sound as good with either SACD or DVD-Audio as CD playback from a high-end CD player. To get the best from either format requires excellent harware, especially the analog components after conversion back to analog.

I have only owned the Canadian LP pressing of Turn of a Friendly Card and only because it was 50 cents from the Salvation Army. Rock music is not my first love, so I generally only buy it if it has the promise of high resolution or is dirt cheap.

Classic Records are amoung my favorite 24/96 DVDs and 192 DVD-Audio's.

I hope this helps,
Teresa

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Turn of Friendly Card on Classic Records DVD-Audio - Teresa 16:01:22 11/19/05 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.