Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Maybe

While it worked with that particular disc, I can't guarantee that it will always do the same thing with all such discs. One would think so, but the vagaries of DVD-Audio authoring are beyond the comprehension of mere mortals like myself.

For example, when playing Groups 3 and 4 of the AIX disc you recommended, the C-5xe always defaulted to Soundtrack 2. In one case this was the 96/24 two-channel soundtrack, and in the other case it was the DTS 5.0 soundtrack. So I have to infer that there is some type of control that the disc exerts over the player. I have no way of knowing which discs might force the player to do something unwanted.

The whole thing could have been really, really easy. Just make two (and *only* two) different soundtracks -- one multi-channel and one stereo. Then allow the *player* to default to one or the other, depending on whether it was set to multi-channel mode or two-channel mode. But that would have made too much sense.... :-(

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Maybe - Charles Hansen 19:17:36 11/17/05 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.