Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Re: One more thing

>>And if you read them, most of them revolve around people trying to copy them on computer drives.<<

Oh, the horror! Those silly people, expecting something advertised as functioning just like a CD to actually work just like a CD!

>>Simply wrong there. Show us your "research" to support your "fact".<<

You're right - out of the 101 discs listed under the DualDisc category, 68 of them probably have DVD-A content. About 55 of them come from Silverline, the remainder from UMG and Warner (and one from BMG). You see Martin - I can admit when I'm wrong. To bad you're not mature enough to do the same.

>>f.y.i. your statement was wrong. The logo does not say "Compact Disc Digital Audio" (as you said earlier), but what it says on my player is: "Compact Disc Digital Video"<<

Oh gosh, what a HUGE difference! Martin scores again!

However, I will repeat what I said previously, which you ignored in your hope of scoring a minor point:

it is quite reasonable to expect that the player can play CDs without any problem. Since your player cannot play the "CD" side of a DualDisc, which is advertised as being CD-compatible, then there is a problem with your player, or a problem with the media, or both. This kind of incompatibility is not acceptable to most reasonable, thinking people. Since you have stated several times that this incompatibility is acceptable to you, then by your own terms you must be a troll, a snob, or just plain plain stupid (or all three).

>>Anyway, DualDiscs don't have any Redbook logo on them.<<

You finally figured this out. Congratulations.

>>All the readers of the forum who think you are complete twit who hasn't got a life.<<

And that would be...you? I find it awfully funny that a person who has used at least six different monikers, deliberately sockpuppeted, amassed over three thousand posts in just _two_ forums on AA, with a stated life-mission of defending "the purity of future audio transmission," would try to claim that someone else hasn't got a life. If you want to see someone who hasn't got a life, Martin, you need only look at the reflection in your computer screen.

>>What does your poor wife think of your spending all this time writing crap about discs that you don't intent to buy? (Or, maybe it's a blessed relief when you're out of the way.)<<

And now you've proved that you are also a worthless pile of dung. I have NEVER stooped down to insulting your family. It would never even occur to me to be so vulgar. Apparently nothing is beneath you, though. How utterly classless and contemptible you are. Have fun cowering in your wretched little Tooting hovel with your crappy mass-market electronics, you useless worm.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.