Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Re: One more thing

>>Can you please go back into your "research" mode, and name all the DVD-Video player models which would have a technical problem?<<

Yours would. That's all I need to know.

>>As far as I am aware, the DVD players "of the vast-majority millions of people who own a DVD player that does not have DVD-Audio capability" [or don't use six analog jacks] by all accounts play the CD side (and DVD side) perfectly well.<<

Given the multitude of complaints about playback issues for nearly every DualDisc sold, I wouldn't make such a bold statement. On Amazon.com it seems there are more complaints about playback issues on a multitude of players than there are actual kudos for the music.

>>As for the Denon 2900, 3900 and 5900 family, these all play the DVD-Audio content fine. (So these plainly do not fall into your group.)<<

I know you are desperately trying to dodge the issue, but the fact is that the majority of DualDiscs on the market DO NOT have DVD-Audio content. Too bad that inconvenient little piece of information screws up your spin.

>>And regarding Dolby, which clearly "sucks" to you, isn't it quite bizarre then that you saw fit to acquire an HT system with Bryston amps etc. to play back this really sucky sucky Dolby 5.1 audio through it?! ;-)<<

Yes, I use the cheap stuff to playback movies. So what's your point? Do you even have one?

>>Nope. Put your glasses on. And look again. Closer.<<

I don't need glasses, or reading lessons. Looky here:

Denon

See that logo in the lower right-hand corner? It says "Compact Disc." I can see it without having to squint.

You can also look here:

Denon DVD-5900 Owners Manual

Page 8 contains a chart showing all of the discs the player is supposed to play. There's that big, fat Compact Disc logo again!

Got anything else you need to be embarrassed over? I'm game :-)

>>Indeed, we expect nothing less from you. <<

Who is "we?" You and your lengthy list of Audio Asylum sockpuppets? Or did you forget to take your meds again?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.