Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Re: One more thing

>> If the DVD player has problems playing the "CD" side like your Denon does, then the user's only choice is the low-rez Dolby Digital stuff. That sucks. <<

Can you please go back into your "research" mode, and name all the DVD-Video player models which would have a technical problem?

As far as I am aware, the DVD players "of the vast-majority millions of people who own a DVD player that does not have DVD-Audio capability" [or don't use six analog jacks] by all accounts play the CD side (and DVD side) perfectly well.

Even your Pioneer DV-45 plays them OK.

As for the Denon 2900, 3900 and 5900 family, these all play the DVD-Audio content fine. (So these plainly do not fall into your group.)

And regarding Dolby, which clearly "sucks" to you, isn't it quite bizarre then that you saw fit to acquire an HT system with Bryston amps etc. to play back this really sucky sucky Dolby 5.1 audio through it?! ;-)

Anyway, the point is moot (to normal, reasonable people), since those who have DVD-video players wouldn't expect to play hirez surround anyhow. To them Dolby 5.1 surround is what they are used to. If they wanted hirez 5.1, they would be like me, i.e. they would have a DVD-A/V player.

>> OTOH, your Denon has a big fat "Compact Disc Digital Audio" compatibility logo silk-screened right on the front of the player . . .<<

Nope. Put your glasses on. And look again. Closer.

>> This kind of incompatibility is not acceptable to most reasonable, thinking people <<

Correction, it may suck to you -- like most things suck to you. Indeed, we expect nothing less from you.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.