Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Christine I agree with Denis. The DSD logo on an SACD means nothing as it

does not tell you how it was recorded. And all SACDs have to be converted to DSD because that is it operating system.

I would rather only the DSD logo be used when the Master recording was DSD and was not converted to any other format (PCM or Analog) during mastering. Also it could be used for DSD Masters that were only converted to PDM for cross-fade editing which is supposed to last only two milliseconds and be un-noticable.

Here is my suggestion for coding SACD:

PURE DSD - Recorded DSD, no mixing and no editing.

PURE DSD/X-Fade - Recorded DSD, editing using cross-fade.

DSD/PCM 36 Bit 384kHz*/DSD - DSD Master, mixed and editied PCM * resolution MUST be given and then copied back to DSD Master

PCM 36 Bit 384kHz*/DSD - PCM Master, mixed and editied PCM * resolution MUST be given and then copied to DSD Master.

Analog 2 Track 30ips/DSD - Analog Master track and speed must be given , mixed and editied Analog and then copied to DSD Master.

Analog 2 Track 30ips/PCM 36 Bit 384kHz*/DSD - Analog Master track and speed must be given , mixed and editied PCM * resolution MUST be given and then copied to DSD Master.

Something along these lines would be useful for DVD-Audio and DualDisc as well.

Teresa

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Christine I agree with Denis. The DSD logo on an SACD means nothing as it - Teresa 20:50:45 10/20/05 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.