Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Let me add...

Martin,

I switched both tracks with the AUDIO key to compare them. On all 8 discs. One by one. And on most of them, the difference wasn't a subtle one. The 2ch audio tracks weren't bad, just not up to what you listen in the 5.1ch tracks. And I'm not talking about sounds coming from different places at the same time. It's more about dynamic range and clarity of the sound.

It's not bias. It's real. And the only way to experience it's listening by yourself. So I recommend you to buy the set, whether you're 2ch or 5.1ch fan and hear the difference. Either way, you won't be dissapointed if you compare them to the CD version.

And by the way, I haven't stated that I dislike 2ch. What I've found is a lot (not all) Pop/Rock hi res releases 5.1ch tracks sound superior to their 2ch counterpart because of the master tapes used for the transfer. If you use an existing compressded 2ch CD master to transfer to DSD, don't expect a miracle. Do I have to mention the case of the SACD "Come Away with Me" by Norah Jones? I always compare both tracks to check if I'm misssing something. But some people here love to take words out of context to start a controversy.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Let me add... - Garnot 16:02:21 10/11/05 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.